Grow Great Grub Book
Recommended ship date: Dec 10, 2013
Home-grown vegetables are fresh, healthy, and inexpensive. Here is the manual for growing your own, whether on your balcony, in your apartment, or in a garden, large or small. Even if you have only a few hours a week, your patio, balcony, rooftop, front stoop, boulevard, windowsill, planter box, or fire escape is a potential fresh food garden waiting to happen. In Grow Great Grub, Gayla Trail, the founder of the leading online gardening community (YouGrowGirl.com), shows you how to grow your own delicious, affordable, organic edibles virtually anywhere.
Grow Great Grub packs in tips and essential information about:
- Choosing a location and making the most of your soil (even if it's less than perfect)
- Building a raised bed, compost bin, and self-watering container using recycled materials
- Keeping pests and diseases away from your plants - the toxin-free way
- Growing bountiful crops in pots and selecting the best heirloom varieties
- Cultivating hundreds of plants, from blueberries to Thai basil, to the best tomatoes you'll ever taste
- Canning, and preserving to make the most of your garden's generosity
- Green-friendly, cost-saving, growing, and building projects that are smart and stylish
- And much more!
Whether you're looking to eat on a budget or simply experience the pleasure of picking tonight's meal from right outside your door, this is the must have book for small-space gardeners - no backyard required. 208 pp Paperback